Thursday, September 25, 2008

FAIR 2008

Today we had a most wonderful day as a family at the Fair. The kids have off school today and tomorrow and Dan took the day off. We spent about 6 hours at the Fair (we are really crossing our fingers that the kids are so exhausted we can sneak an early bedtime....Here's to hoping). They really had a lot of fun. It was just a great day...the kids were obedient and thankful and unwhinny. It was fun. The first thing they both wanted to do was to ride the ponies. (The poor ponies...I think the kids are beginning to get a little big).



Next we went to the educational building. Jeremiah and DaniRae were so excited to show us what they made in art class at school for the Fair. Dani's was covered in beads and pink and purple. Jeremiah's was very methodical...unlike a lot of the others. He told us that it is a boxing ring with two guys in it practicing "fighting."


Ah, what can I say...Vince's cheesesteaks. That is the real reason to go to the Fair.....The Food. For those of you who couldn't be there, we ate for you....French fries, cheesesteak, Kohr's OJ, soda, saltwater taffy, apple dumplings with cinnamon ice cream, mini doughnuts (twice)....yummy.
While Dan and I were enjoying our cheesesteaks, the kids had a blast playing in the corn bin. Somebody was really thinking when they put this in...surrounded with benches for tired hungry parents.
I just couldn't resist this.....My sweet children looking like snowmen....They are even cuter than ever. Besides, it reminds that snow may come yet this year.

Here is McGruff, the crime fighting dog....Good guy in all, until he scared AnaGrace.

2 comments:

The Hamilton Family said...

I think you missed the gyro stand, top of the beef, and apple cider (I think it's Bentons). Mom brought some apple dumplings and apple cider from rohrbachs, so I guess that'll hold us over....maybe next year. I'm really glad that you guys had a blast! Love you and miss you! See you in two weeks.....for PUMPKIN FESTIVAL!!!! I love the fall!

Oh, btw, Rachel walked around yesterday afternoon crying out "Aun Keyee, Aun Keyee." She misses her Aunt Kelly!

Benjamin Hamilton said...

Oh, and you missed the bloomin onion too! Cannot forget fried food!!!